Radiology Mission Statement
- To provide imaging, image-based assay, and radiotherapy for the Bluefield Regional Medical Center, its medical staff, and in-patients and out-patients referred to it.
- To provide these services in a manner most consistent with good medical practice and in accordance with applicable laws, any currently recognized and reliable authority on radiation, on radiation hazards, and any requirements of appropriate licensing agencies.
- To provide Radiation Safety Officer who shall monitor and supervise all activities which involve ionizing radiation and who shall serve the community as expert sources for the management of radiation related incidents.
- To provide consultative, supervisor, educational, and other services to the Bluefield Regional Medical Center, its medical staff, and its patients.
- To cooperate with the areas colleges in furtherance of their programs of radiologic and ultrasound technology.
Scope of Service
The Radiology Department is divided into five major aspects of care:
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
Low Dose Brachytherapy (in correlation with Radiation Therapy)
High Dose Brachytherapy (in correlation with Radiation Therapy)
- CT Scan
The Department of Radiology is centered on the second floor. Radiology services are also provided in the operating and emergency rooms, and by use of portable equipment, wherever patient need requires.
Hours of Operation
Routine Working Hours:
7:30 am – 6:00 pm Mon-Fri
7:30 am – 1:00 pm Sat
6:30 am – 11:00 pm Mon – Fri
7:00 am – 9:00 pm Mon – Fri
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Sat – Sun
6:30 am – 5:00 pm Mon – Fri
8:00 am – 9:30 pm Mon
8:00 am – 11:30 am Tue
2:00 PM– 10:30 pm Wed, Thu & Fri
AM Every other Thurs.
After Routine Hours of Operation
The hospital diagnostic department is staffed by qualified radiologic technologists 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Only these examinations required by emergency situations will be performed. Qualified personnel are on call after hours for emergency situations requiring CT scan, Nuclear medicine, Ultrasound, Special procedures, and C-arm cases performed in the O.R.